46. As we were only thirty minutes down the road from Coombe Mill, we decided to pop up and catch up with Fiona and family. The Boy was eager to explore with Guy and Clio, trying out the new den-building area. I love this photo because of his cheeky smile, the way his eyes are lit up and his determination to strike up a fire with damp wood.
47. Bosinver have a wonderful Wild Kids outdoor activity session on Mondays, where The Boy made mud pies, a fairy nest and then toasted marshmallows around a campfire.
48. I never would have thought that we'd be paddling in the sea in February but we did. It was abslutely necessary! We found a lovely little beach called Pentewan and it was so sheltered and warm that we soon removed socks and wellies, coats and hats, and waded right in. The water was freezing, but The Boy had such a wonderful time and raced back and forth chasing the waves! That was until he fell backwards and ended up drenched!
49. We came home early from our holiday due to a work emergency and discovered a disaster; Peppa the fish had died! Freddy was fine, but Peppa was a goner. The Boy absolutely sobbed when we told him, and asked to bury him in the garden with a pebble to mark the spot. I almost sobbed as well as I held his shaking, little body tight.
50. Peppa 2 was purchased, she wasn't allowed to be called anything else, but she settled in really well to the tank and The Boy was happy.
51. The power went off at 9am and it was one of those days when I really needed a babysitter in the form of the television and coffee as therapy, but it was not to be. By lunchtime I was struggling so we headed to Ikea for lunch and then down the beach for some pebble plopping. 3,30 was the expected time for it to come back on and when at 5.40 it still was off with an estimated time of 9pm reconnection, we headed over to mum and dad's for tea, electricity and warmth. It came back on at 7.55, just in time to record the live Eastenders!
52. A trip to Dyffryn Gardens for an exploration of the gardens turned into a quick runaround as it was freezing!