I only managed to have one fail last week, and that was not my fault. My mum (despite the planner being up which is partly for her when caring for The Boy) gave him Friday's dinner for his lunch instead. I ended up doing butternut squash risotto, this time in the slow cooker. It didn't work out well: one minute it was undercooked massively, the next it was slushy. I've therefore carried the lasagne forward to this week's planner.
As we're approaching Easter weekend, I've planned for Sunday to Thursday and am leaving the actual weekend free. I've got plenty of freezer food which we can have depending upon what we're doing each day, however I also suspect we'll be out and about quite a bit and I've allowed for that.
- Sunday: chicken (slow-cooker) or mint, chilli and vegetable loaves, with potato fritters and roasted butternut squash and vegetable salad. (Mum, dad, boy cousin and girl cousin are coming over for dinner, hence the choice)
- Monday: pasta and salad (going to try a reduced balsamic vinegar dressing as suggested to me by The Kitchen Mechanic. Incidentally, I will be adding this recipe to next week's planner somewhere!)
- Tuesday: Butternut squash and spinach lasagne
- Wednesday: Shepherd's pie (freezer left-overs)
- Thursday: Mango and coconut paneer
- Friday: free
- Saturday: free
As I type this up, I've realised that we haven't had fajitas in ages and so they are definitely on the menu for next week. A scrummy way of making sure we have plenty of our five a day.
What are you planning for your family meals this week?
I'm linking this up to Meal Planning Monday over at At Home With Mrs. M.