"Share with us your 5 favourite blogs and tell us why you love them"
The prompt from BritMums reminded me of my Inbox Delights meme that I did a few months ago, but sadly died a death on the second stage (sob, no-one loves me!). I can most certainly tell you my five favourite blogs and why, absolutely no problem. They really won't have changed that much since the last time I wrote it, or since I nominated a few of them for the MADS. The only thing that has changed is that I've met two of them who have become real-life friends.
These are the five that arrive in my inbox daily and that I always comment on (ok, 98% of the time!)
- MammyWoo: There is a reason why she was nominated by me and everyone else in the MADS for best new blog. And there's an even bigger reason why she won; because she rocks big time. She has become one of my real-life best mates and it's not a good day without a text from LexyWoo! Hearing her journey to overcome PND makes me so unbelievably proud of her, but she is so much more than just that. See here, here and here for typical Lexy-Life!
- GhostWriterMummy: Although I haven't met this amazing blogger, I know that we would get on like a house on fire. She is a fantastic mother and teacher, but a complete and utter inspiration to me also. She has helped me to deal with issues that I have surrounding The Boy's birth, and has done the same for countless other mothers, co-founding Maternity Matters. Throughout all of this, she has also come to terms with her own birth trauma successfully and is currently expecting her third child. Warning, this post may make you cry; it did me.
- The Crazy Kitchen: I love this family-orientated blog and Helen has become a good real-life friend that I have made a number of times, always feeling like I was catching up with an old friend. If you want to see the cooking capabilities of a two year old, this is where you'll see his finesse at cracking eggs. If you want to find out how to make the most amazing house out of tiny cardboard boxes, look no further. And you have to try these.
- The Moiderer: This was one of the first blogs that I came across, and she is one of the first people that I started following on twitter. The Moiderer is not, as I honestly thought, someone who enforces the deceasement of others but said in a heavy Scottish accent (a la Taggert), but someone who chats a lot. And she chats a lot of brilliant and enthralling tales about family life with the Little One, her Thinking Slimmer journey (which is incredible) and turmoils in her life. Heart-wrenching and heart-warming, I adore her blog, and I adore her.
- Reluctant Housedad: He may be a reluctant SAHD but he loves it really. This is the man who can iron a shirt in 27 seconds, that's yoke an' all! Having adjusted from quite a high-flying position to that of keeper of the house, I love hearing his tales of discovery with his three children, the missus and reading his new and ingenious recipes.
Sod it, who am I to stop at 5?
My other favourites are these four.
- SAHD and Proud: new and funny. I adore this growing blog.
- Mummy Mishaps: who doesn't love cake?
- The Real Housewife of Suffolk County: love the stories about her two boys.
- Multiple Mummy: an admirable mummy with her hands definitely full!