We went to a wonderful craft session today where we learnt how to reuse items from the recyling bin for great craft ideas. My inner eco-warrior recycles as much as possible, but reusing and repurposing in the first place is an even better use of resources. And it's so much more fun!
We used the ends of two water bottles to make this quick and easy Frog Friend.
- two water bottle ends
- sticky tape
- green paint
- googly eyes
- double-sided tape
- red card
What to do:
- Cut the ends from two equally sized bottles.
- Turn the bottle ends on top of each other and create a hinge using sellotape to join the two sides, tape on both the inside and outside securely.
- Use double-sided sticky tape to attach two googly eyes to the upper bottle end.
- Cut a tongue shape from the red card, create a fold and use double-sided tape to attach to the inside of the lower bottle end.
- Paint the inside of the bottles with green paint. Paint takes a while to dry on plastic and painting the inside is less messy while little ones may want to play with it. PVA glue can be added to the paint to help it adhere to the plastic.
Thanks to Brecon Carreg for a lovely event exploring recycled craft.
Linked to Fabulously Frugal