Oh my god, I hate January. I hate the lack of light and how extremely cold it is. I hate how low I feel after the highs of Christmas. I hate how grey everything is. I hate how I have no energy. I hate how I have far too long before the Easter holidays and the Summer holidays, but the pressures of assessment are starting to loom in school.
However, I'm also doing this whole Embrace Happy thing, so I am forcing myself to find 3 Good Things a day which is helping a bit, not a huge amount, but enough.
4. Mr. Relaxed (A gentle stay-at-home day, making an enormous plane with his Christmas K'nex, reading his annual and relaxing.)
5. Exhausted (He's so very tired, the first week back is so tiring for little ones, and he hasn't even started yet!)
6. Sunset (First day back with the children in school and it was a hell of a day; started with it pouring, I had playground duty all day plus assembly duty – which was horrible – and a long afternoon. After school as I was tidying up from a group of children who know better, this was the view from my classroom window. Reminds me that not every day is good, but there is good in every day. #3goodthings)
7. Waning (I was shattered after three full days in school and as I was struggling up the stairs to bed when I remembered that I needed to take a photo, luckily I checked the time on the moon photo and spotted it was within the 24 hours that made up Wednesday.)
8. Searching (The Boy has a subscription to a new children's magazine called Amazing which has been set up for a review. The first issue was a little gruesome for him and went straight into school, but this one is milder and he was excited to start reading the facts, steal one of my school highlighters and get cracking on the wordsearch.)
9. Concentration (A trip to my sister's after school to give my nephew his birthday present, meant that by 6 o'clock I couldn't be bothered to cook so we went to Harvester. The Boy was thoroughly involved in his activity sheet and behaved impecably.)
10. Parky (The Boy had circus skills this morning so I stayed at home and did my school work out of the way, which unfortunately took longer than I wanted it to. In a bid for my day to not be all about schoolwork, I forced us down the beach. And yes it was partly so I had a photo for the day. However it was freezing and the light was dreadful which just goes to show that even being outside doesn't always help create a decent photo.)