Cor blimey, you can tell from my photos that I was back in school this week, without the freedom of half term to have fun and games.
306. The Bakery (The Boy has been learning about the Great Fire of London this term and for his final project he's been asked to create an artefact or a building from that time. He decided to make the bakery which started the fire in Pudding Lane, and so we hacked into a cardboard box, painted it, stuck straw on the roof and then shoved tissue paper flames out of the windows.)
307. Upside Down (Mondays are a long day for me, I don't get to mum's to pick The Boy up until 6pm or later by which time he's shattered. This is him having his goodbye cuddle from her, but discovering that the mirror above her head had bevels in it which made his reflection inverse. He thought it was hilarious!)
308. Surveying The Land (After school play up at the clifftop park, my favourite park because of the view over the Bristol Channel. The sunset was amazing.)
309. Fascinated (The fireworks' display put on by the town were amazing, 35 minutes solid of non-stop whizzing and oohing. Oh and a little rushing and screaming when we realised that they hadn't invented a ground firework, it was one which had misfired and was travelling towards us. But generally they were amazing, and this little chap was entranced.)
310. Me (The Boy was so tired after the display yesterday that we didn't have time for sparklers before he fell asleep. So tonight was sparkler night! This is a random pattern that The Boy made, but various people on Instagram decided that it resembled the word 'me'.)
311. Treat (We had an after-school treat in the shape of a frappuccino and cookie from Starbucks, prior to shopping in Aldi for food for the local food bank.)
312. Engineer (The Boy had a great circus skills session this morning, apparently he did a straddle on the silks! When he came home we had a quiet afternoon playing at home and he sat down to create a swing from scratch.)