I wear perfume every day, but I'm a loyalist when it comes to fragrances and CK One has my heart and soul. Occasionally I'll layer it with a squirt of DKNY Be Delicious, or Davidoff Cool Waters, but by and large I like the simplicity of the maestro's signature fragrance.
The other problem with trying new perfumes of course is that they are a very expensive item to get wrong. No-one wants to be stuck with a bottle of fragrance which, while smelling amazing on your sister, smells literally like toilet water on you. (True story; Eternity smells disgusting on me).
The Fragrance Shop solves this problem with their 'Discovery Club' selection box of perfumes. For just £5 per quarter, subscribers can receive a small box with a sneaky preview of all the latest designer fragrance launches, as well as the time honoured classics delivered directly to their own door. And in case you find one that you'd like to invest in, included within the Discovery Box are money off vouchers (£5 usually), to buy a full-size bottle.
I was sent Box 6 to review which has:
- Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Couture EDP (bergamot & raspberry, rose, patchouli, vetiver, moss & tonka beans);
- Givenchy Very Irresistible L’eau en Rose EDT (blackberry, rose and musk)
- Eau de Lacoste Sensualle EDP (pink pepper, blackcurrant, Turkish rose, sweet pea & Gladiolus Inflexus, nougatine & amber base);
- Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire EDT (Bergamot, tea, Tunisian neroli, tiare flower & heliotrops, amber, cashmeran & white amber);
- Elie Saab Le Parfum L’Eau Couture – EDP (almonds, orange blossom overtones, Magnolia, vanilla & green almond base);
- Valentino Uomo EDT (bergamot & mytrus flower, rich coffee bean, hazelnut & chocolate, with a woody base of cedar & leather);
- Loewe Solo Sport EDT (mandarin, pepper, rosemary, lavender, & musky notes of moss, patchouli & amber.)
It's a great way to explore new fragrances out on the market, without having to spend copious amounts of money. £5.00 is a very reasonable amount to spend once every few months and something that would make a great present leading up to Mother's Day.
I was sent this product for the purpose of this review, my opinions are honest and unbiased.