These little crackers are a perfect treat as a canape at a party or as a light snack.
Cheese & Vegetable Puffs
- Makes: 1 roll of puff pastry makes 6
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- ready-made puff pastry
- halloumi, diced
- mixed vegetables to own taste: I used asparagus, carrots, baby sweetcorn, broccoli, red pepper
- 2 tbsp of crème fraîche
- a knob of butter
- grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the puff pastry into six rectangles and lay them on a baking tray.
- Prick the pastry over with a fork in the area where the filling will be placed.
- Lightly stir-fry the vegetables and diced halloumi for five minutes in the knob of butter.
- Stir in the crème fraîche to the mix and place a large spoonful onto the centre of the pastry rectangles.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the vegetable mix.
- Place in the over for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.