We've been sent one of the new Orchard Toys games to review, Pigs In Pants. It is one of those fabulous games that really appeals to children, mostly because they get to shout things like "I'm going to pinch your pants!" or "I'm going to nick your knickers!"
Using a similar set up to 'Where's My Cupcake?', players have a board each in the shape of a cute pig who looks rather abashed at having no pants on, and the object of the game is to collect the most pants on your pig board by matching them in your hand with the other cards in play.
- Each player (2-4 players) starts with a pig board and they are then dealt two of the cards each, which they hold in their hands and can see.
- Four pant cards are placed face up in a line in the centre and the remaining cards are placed face down in a pile next to them.
- The youngest player starts by checking to see if they can match a card in their hand to one of four in the line. If they can, or if it matches one on another player's board, they collect those cards and place them on their pig board along with the matching pants card from their hand. (When collecting from another player though, the whole pile is taken from the pig board and the 'taker' must shout, "I'm going to pinch your pants!")
- If the cards in their hand don't match any in play, then they shout, "No knickers!" and place that card in the line-up of four.
- At the end of their turn, players must make their hand back up to two cards each time by taking from the face-down pile.
- The game ends when no-one is able to match any further cards, and the winner is the person with the most pants on their pig board.
The Boy absolutely loved this game, I'm sure it was the element of playing with pants and shouting about knickers which made him chuckle the most, but it is a really fun game to play with the lead position switching between players right until the very end! It's also an excellent game for promoting observational and matching skills, as identified in Orchard Toys Educational Guide, along with strategic thinking.
Pigs In Pants is available to buy from all good toy shops and directly from Orchard Toys online, with a RRP of £7.50.
However, the wonderful folk at Orchard Toys are giving away one to one lucky reader of TheBoyandMe. Simply fill in the Rafflecopter form below for the chance to win.
I was sent this product for the purpose of this review, my opinion is honest and unbiased.