I absolutely love the flavour of pears, especially lightly cooked, but am not a huge fan of them uncooked as the texture is often too gritty for me. As I had a batch that were 'on the turn', I decided to whip up some cupcakes which would make good use of them.
Pear & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 4oz self-raising flour
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1tbsp vanilla yoghurt
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- white chocolate drops
- chocolate spread
- white chocolate
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract, add a little flour if the mixture starts to curdle.
- Sift the flour in and mix thoroughly.
- Stir through the vanilla yoghurt gently.
- Divide into cake cases and cook in a preheated oven (200°C/Gas Mask 6) for 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix the buttercream, but before transferring to a piping bag with a star nozzle, smear chocolate spread around the outside of the bag. When the buttercream is piped, there will be a gentle hint of chocolate in the topping.
- Grate white chocolate and sprinkle over the top of the buttercream.
I'm sure that more than one is allowed, there is fruit in it after all?