I'm over the moon to announce that we've been chosen as an official ambassador family for the LolliBop, the excellent children's festival held in London during the middle of the Summer holidays!
We went to LolliBop last year and had a fabulous time discovering the many different parts to the festival in the beautiful Regent's Park. This year however, LolliBop have relocated to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, which is very exciting for me as we didn't go to the Olympics and it will be great to explore the area.
- LolliBop Live (central stage) is playing host to some of the biggest names in children's entertainment, with live music and performances from stars of stage and screen. This will be compered by Alex Winters and will see acts like:
- LolliBop favourites Dick and Dom return with their special mix of madcap games, songs, jokes and a foam pie or two;
- Sid Sloane and Andy Day will be hosting their very own Big Birthday Bash so expect lots of energetic songs and silliness and plenty of audience participation;
- two of The Boy's favourites Peppa Pig and Poppy Cat will be appearing for the first time;
- The Go! Go! Go! Show are bringing brand new pop songs, catchy, easy-to-learn dance moves and loads of laughs;
- Sing and dance along with the adorable Cloudbabies mini show;
- The Diary of a Wimpy Kid will also be there with its own brand of wacky humour and interview clips from the author.
- Lollipalladiam is a live theatre tent showcasing performances from pioneering and internationally renowned companies and artists. Last year saw shows by 'The Gruffalo' and 'Mister Maker' amongst many others, this year it features Spooked, from the critically acclaimed Broken Rose Performing Arts. Spooked promises a hilarious and spectacular blend of dance, theatre and spoken word featuring skeletons Molly, Jinny and Charlie.
- The LolliBop Kitchen where creative little cooks will have the chance to learn new skills from live demonstrations and interactive workshops.
- Lolli Stops – Enjoy crafts from puppet making, and customised fashion workshops, to balloon modelling, and graffiti painting, there is a something to make and do around every corner.
- Tween Town will host a number of activities including street dance, hula-hoop, and beat-box workshops.
- Imagination Stations – A hub of creativity with lots of mess and mayhem thrown in! From clay modeling, puppet making, customised fashion workshops, balloon modeling, graffiti painting, face painting and much more.
- Science Zone – Make a rocket, hold a dry ice cube, or get messy with gooey slime in the LolliBop lab – brimming with exploding experiments for pint sized guests to try! London's Science Museum will also be attending with live demonstrations and interactive activities.
- Discovery Zone – will host a number of educational, interactive and hands on activities where kids can learn a new skill like beatboxing in one of the many workshops.
- Run wild and have fun in the LolliSports area. With activities including retro favorites like swingball, hula-hoop and frisbee to football tournaments and sports day style races.
- The Lolli Promenade will be situated on the River Lea! A real river running through the new home, so why not relax and enjoy an ice lolly at the Lolli Promenade which also features beach hut crafts and bandstands.
- Fun Kids is a radio station for Tweens, pre-schoolers and their families and broadcasts on DAB Digital Radio across London and the South East and online/through mobiles at funkidslive.com.
- Skylanders will also be appearing providing LolliBoppers with the opportunity to be among the first in the UK to play Skylanders SWAP Force, which introduces the new play pattern of dynamic swapability, before it hits the shops in October.
- The pre-school 3ft and under is also making a comeback but this time is it within the brand new Itsy Bitsy Zone. Activities for babies and toddlers will include soft play, baby massage, storytelling, mini discos and much more along with the Enchanted Forest and The Village Green with live music, craft stalls and street theatre, making it an ideal spot for a picnic.
- Not forgetting: the Mr Men and Little Miss Village Green Event; Shaun the Sheep's Championsheeps; the life-size Transformer Optimus Prime Truck, along with the Transformers Station Experience showcasing the new Beast Hunters toys, viewings of the cartoon series Transformers Prime and free green screen pictures; and the amazing wildlife showcase with National Geographic Kids Animal Man
- Extensive covered buggy parks, baby changing and breast-feeding areas will be available.
For more information and tickets, see here.
As a LolliBop Blogger I will receive free entry into the festival for my family, my endorsement of this festival is honest and unbiased and based on past experiences.