Candles and lanterns are an obligatory part of Christmas decorations, and after our success at making a stained-glass window picture, we decided to make our own lantern using the same technique.
- a jar
- PVA glue
- coloured tissue paper
- black paper or card
- Draw out the outline of your design onto black card (the festive jar lights template is here).
- Cut out the parts that will be let the light through.
- Glue coloured tissue paper to the reverse side and leave to dry.
- Wrap it around a jar and glue it into place, I used a small amount of sellotape to help hold it in place.
- Place a tealight candle insight, rest on a heatproof mat and light the candle. (Never leave a child unattended with a lit candle, or leave a candle burning unattended).
'Counting Down To Christmas' is a craft bloggers link-up held each week in the eight weeks preceeding the big day itself. Each week we will be posting a different Christmas craft activity.