Cornflake cakes are a far better no-cook cake than crispie cakes, the crunch is much better and they don't fall apart so easily! We decided to make some the other day but jazzed them up a little bit especially for Christmas.
- golden syrup
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie (or bowl over hot water).
- Remove from the heat and pour into a large bowl coating the cornflakes and not leaving any residual chocolate in the base. If there's too much chocolate, add some more cornflakes.
- Squeeze in some golden syrup, this helps to bind the cake together and give a smoother texture. Stir in the raisins.
- Scoop into cupcake cases and leave to set.
- Once set, we sprayed ours with edible gold spray paint and sprinkled on multi-coloured candy buttons to resemble bauble.
'Counting Down To Christmas' is a craft bloggers link-up held each week in the eight weeks preceeding the big day itself. Each week we will be posting a different Christmas craft activity.
If you have any Christmas Recipes for or that you have made with kids please link below