While the marvellous Mediocre Mum is off in the pursuit of lasting sunshine on the other side of the pond, Aly from Plus2Point4 and I will be taking care of her popular linky so she can enjoy the Canadian weather while we dodge the rain showers.
Recently Mediocre Mum put out an appeal for Summer recipes, and it's with that in mind that I'm using this recipe which was inspired by something that The Crazy Kitchen posted.
Rainbow Vegetables & Goat's Cheese Wrap
- peppers, carrots, leeks, mushrooms, courgettes
- mango chutney
- stock cube
- soft tortilla wraps
- hard goat's cheese
- caramelised onion chutney (optional)
- I sweated down chopped mushrooms and stipped leeks in a knob of butter in the slow-cooker first, before adding pepper, courgette and carrot strips. To this I put two tablespoons of water, a stock cube and my old faithful of two tablespoons of mango chutney. Stir and cook on high for two-three hours.
- Drain off the liquid and put a good spoonful onto the middle of each wrap in a rectangular shape.
- Place a layer of goat's cheese on top, then a smearing of caramelised onion chutney on the top again.
- Fold up the wrap, use cocktail sticks to hold it in place and place in the over for ten minutes to crisp it up, maintain its shape and allow the cheese to melt in.
- Serve with ranch salad and onion rings.
Please join in below with your slow-cooker recipes: either savoury and sweet.