I've resisted getting excited about the Olympics, but I can't prevent it anymore. Quite frankly it's pretty big damn deal that Britain is hosting them and I really regret not trying to get any tickets for the football matches in Cardiff.
Over the next few weeks I will be doing some sporty activities with The Boy and trying to rope in a few of his friends too, maybe we'll try out the Lemon and Spoon race again?
The rather fantastically fabulous Innocent have been chosen to be the official smoothie and juice of the London 2012 Olympic Games. They have created a little booklet full of ideas on how to host a fruit sports day, including games you can play, what to eat and drink, and even some of their favourite parks around the country to hold any events in.
Olympic Games To Play
- Lemon and spoon race: use a lemon, not an egg! Less messy!
- Peach volleyball: no, not a real peach but a peach ball or an orange balloon. You could even draw a green leaf on it.
- Jave-lime: use a lime as a throwing object and see how far you can throw the little green fruit.
- Pineapple bowling: use them as skittles and then in your fruity cocktail or on a pizza.
- Banana boomerang: see how far you can throw the banana, if you get it to come back then even better. The winner is the one who throws it the furthest but if you split it, you lose and have to make banana splits for everyone!
Olympic Food To Eat
- Spanish Summer frittata: courgettes, broad beans, parmesan, goat's cheese, eggs. What's not to love?
- Mexican Tortilla chips & salsa: crisps, paprika, chilli, tomatoes and some sour cream on the side.
- Rise & shine flapjacks: apricots, honey and dates; classically Olympic.
- Apple Do Nicely: 900ml innocent apple juice, a punnet of raspberries washed and mushed into a puree, a small handful of fresh mint, finely chopped and a few sprigs of fresh mint to garnish. Serve over ice.
- Peachy Fizz: 2 ripe peaches, 1 teaspoon honey, 500ml sparkling water. Like a Bellini but no booze.
And to finish off the lazy afternoons activities, what better music to accompany the fun and games than 'Summertime' by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, 'Long, Hot Summer' by The Style Council, and The Beach Boys' 'Good Vibrations'?
The very kind folk at Innocent are offering readers of TheBoyandMe the chance to win a month's supply of their new Cherries & Strawberries Smoothie.
In order to be in with a chance of winning, please add your idea for Olympic food, drink or games into the comments box below. It's that simple!
T&C: One winner will be chosen at random from complete entries. Innocent are responsible for providing the winner with vouchers to purchase a month's worth of smoothies. Competition closes on Saturday 4th August 2012 at 8pm. I will notify the winner within 48 hours and require a reply within a further 48 hours or I will redraw for another winner.