It wasn't until I read Kate's Meal Planning Monday earlier that I realised I'm going on holiday next week. It sounds a bizarre thing to think of from reading her post, but we are staying on the same resort next week and she prompted my brain into gear. Our week's holiday in Devon seems to have caught me unawares and I'm left with a fridge and freezer full of food that I need to try and use up. Admittedly I don't need to eat up the freezer food but I am in a pickle because I had a delivery from a PR earlier:I'm going to be trying some lunchtimes recipes with The Boy to engage him into his mealtimes more, and while I anticipated a sample from them, I didn't expect four loaves and four packs of rolls! Therefore I need to find space in my freezer because we won't eat them all in time and I'm not wasting food.
So this week I need to use food up!
- Sunday: It was my mum's birthday so we had a small clear out of the freezer (nowhere near enough) and the fridge.
- Monday: Pizza, salad and wedges.
- Tuesday: Vegetable fajitas with smoky quorn chunks. (I finally remembered to add it to the planner!)
- Wednesday: Chicken pie/vegetable frittata, salad and wedges.
- Thursday: Spaghetti and meatballs.
- Friday: Leftover vegetables (I anticipate leeks, mushrooms, peppers and courgettes) in risotto.
- Saturday: Chinese.
As Kate points out, there won't be a plan from me next week as I'll be enjoying (hopefully) sunny Devon.
I'm linking this up to Meal Planning Monday at Mrs. M's.