As we haven't made any cakes in a while and the weather is horrendous, The Boy and I have just been baking.
- 110g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g Stork Baking Liquid*
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp of espresso powder dissolved in a small amount of hot water.
- Cream the caster sugar and Stork Baking Liquid together. As the 'butter' is already a liquid, it is far easier to mix, especially for little ones. There's also a handy measuring marker down the side of the bottle for easy dispensing.
- Mix in the egg, add a little flour if it starts to curdle. Mine always curdles; this time? It didn't.
- Add the remaining flour and baking powder and mix.
- Stir in the coffee mixture. (I added 10g more flour to counter this additional liquid).
- Bake for 14 minutes on 180°C.
- Top with coffee flavoured buttercream (2 tsp of coffee added to a basic recipe. NB: I found that I needed a bit more than 1/4 Stork Baking Liquid to a bit less than 3/4 icing sugar. Incidentally, it is the best buttercream that I have ever made; smooth, creamy and the icing sugar didn't go everywhere.)
- Eat and enjoy!
I was sent the product marked * for the purpose of trial. My opinion (that it's really easy to use and made the cakes tasty and light) is honest and unbiased.