I was recently sent some products from the Rachel's Organics range to try out some of their new Spring recipes. The Rachel's Organics website has some amazing and inventive recipes using their yoghurts, and there was me thinking that pouring it over banana in the morning was adventurous.
I've adapted the following recipe because I didn't have some of the ingredients, but the main ones are the same.
Halloumi Salad & Herby Yoghurt Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, de-seeded
- 1 orange pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 x 250g halloumi block, sliced thickly
- Virgin olive oil
For the dressing:
- 100g Rachel's Natural yogurt
- 1tbsp of dill (they recommend a handful of coriander)
- 1tbsp chopped mint
- (recommended 1/2 red onion finely chopped and a garlic clove chopped, but I didn't have any)
- Begin by making the dressing, mix all the ingredients together and reserve in a bowl until ready to dress your salad. If you like your salad dressing smooth use a food processor to blitz.
- Toss together the salad leaves and cucumber in your serving dish.
- Grill/fry the halloumi until golden and slightly squidgy to touch.
- Lightly stir fry the orange pepper. Lay the halloumi and orange pepper over the salad leaves.
- Drizzle over the salad dressing and serve immediately.
I was sent some Rachel's Organics yoghurts for the purpose of testing the recipes. I wasn't asked to blog about them, I chose to.