I'm slacking off, I abandoned the stir-fry last week (because I realised fajitas and Chinese combined with that were too similar), and we had Pizza Hut instead. But I figure that for the most part I'm sticking to the plan, and I'm wasting less food and saving money so that's always a good thing. Our diet is more nutritious and balanced, and we're getting great use out of the slow cooker.
With the weather improving somewhat, the mood of our meals has lightened to take account of that; a few more Spring like meals on the menu this week. Plus I've been sent some Rachel's Organic yoghurts to try out some of their recipes, so I've planned a few meals based on that.
- Sunday: Spring Sausage Stew (done in the slow cooker) and Fruit Cobbler
- Monday: Fajitas (wraps that need using up from the end of last week)
- Tuesday: Halloumi Salad with Herby Yoghurt Dressing
- Wednesday: Pizza Hut pizza and chips (when Mr. TBaM went and bought pizza last week on our cop-out night, they had 2 for 1, so he came home with a spare one which we froze)
- Thursday: Dauphinoise potatoes, blue cheese and leek tartlets (based on this recipe)
- Friday: Lasagne (leftovers from the freezer, either with quorn or butternut squash and spinach)
- Saturday: Chinese (I made deep fried tofu last week and it was gorgeous).
Next week, I think I'm going to have to do some batch-cooking on the Monday and Tuesday for the forthcoming weeks. With the new term starting, I'm bound to be exhausted at first.
I'm linking this up to Meal Planning Monday at Mrs. M's