I only had one blip last week, on Thursday evening after a long day at work at the end of a long half-term I sent Mr. TBaM to the chippy, my heart was not in making something from scratch!
This week's meal planner is obviously reduced due to the Easter weekend.
- Sunday: free for Easter festivities.
- Monday: travelling back from west Wales so I'll be needing something easy.
- Tuesday: fajitas, an easy way to get the veggies in to our diet. It can be a healthy option if I don't cover everything in dips and cheese!
- Wednesday: vegetable and cheese pasties, and salad. When I was off on maternity leave, I made pasties all the time, they were such a frugal and relatively healthy (low-fat butter and thin pastry) option for dinner. I'm trying to pinch the pennies for various reasons and need to make a big batch of these.
- Thursday: vegetable stirfry. Can you try I'm trying to get more veggies into our diet?
- Friday: pasta and salad.
- Saturday: Chinese. I made a batch of deep-fried tofu the other week and it lasted for a few meals. I'll be making some more. I've just learnt some nonsense that crispy seaweed is not seaweed? I refuse to believe it, I felt I was getting in touch with my Welsh side and appreciating laverbread.
I need to use the next fortnight off work to batch cook some meals for the freezer, money-saving and far healthier.
I'm linking this up to Meal Planning Monday at Mrs. M's