Mr. TheBoyandMe and I don't do corny, we never have. That's not to say that we don't do romantic things for each other, but we are not the 'expensive meal, red roses, dipping chocolate' type of people that really enjoy Valentine's Day. Or as my cynic of a husband calls it 'Hallmark Day'.
However, we do mark the day with handmade cards, a nice 'dine-in' meal from M&S, a nice bottle of pink fizz and a good movie. This year, we resorted to our usual tradition and set ourselves the task of making our own Valentine's cards. This evening when he got home from work he duly presented me with some beautiful lillies and we exchanged our cards. Combine that with our meal and Valentine's Day in our house looks a little like this so far:
Guess which is the card I made?
Notice the appropriate film and Maltesers in the final photo? Well those are courtesy of Warner Bros who sent me this rather magnificent box full of Valentine's goodies earlier today:
- Midnight in Paris (never seen, but having read the blurb on the back, I am very much looking forward to enjoying this while The Boy has his afternoon nap tomorrow. Recently released on 6th February)
- Casablanca (classic! and this is the 70th anniversary celebration copy)
- Crazy, Stupid Love (not a film I would usually choose due to Steve Carell, but the addition of Marisa Tomei, Julianne Moore and Kevin Bacon make this a must-see)
- The Bodyguard (which, due to the sad death of Whitney on the weekend, I will watch and cry at)
- Going the Distance (Drew Barrymore and Justin Long, recreating our long-distance relationship between Cardiff and Winchester!)
- The Lake House (one of my all time favourites with Keanu and Sandy!)
A cracking selection of RomCom classics, both old and new. Check some of them out if you get the chance! I'm off to watch Valentine's Day with my husband and eat Maltesers!
I was sent these products for the purpose of this post. My opinions are honest and unbiased. My card was the one on the left, hubby gets 10/10 for effort on his!