Recently, I read this post from Two Point Four Children about the things that she wanted to do before she turns forty. It rang a chord with me and (despite commenting to someone earlier that I don't do goal lists or to-do lists) it made me question what I would like to do by the time I hit the big 4-0 in six years time.
When I was 25 I set some targets that were unfair on myself and didn't allow for the return home and almost starting my career again. Therefore, these targets are going to be (mostly) small and realistic, achievable and attainable. And there may be some ridiculous ones in there:
So I'll get the biggy out the way first and then carry on more sensibly:
- Have another child
- Train myself to go to bed by 11pm
- Train The Boy not to wake up before 7am
Lay the floor in the porch (it's been concrete since it was built in April last year!)(March 2012)
- Finally get rid of all the rubbish in the attic
- Get my dad or husband to finish glazing the greenhouse with perspex not glass
- Lose the weight I've gained over past ten years and get down to the weight I was when we married
- Redecorate the kitchen
- Read that stack of books (that's growing) in my bedroom
- Sort out the second bedroom so it's not a dumping ground and is actually a bedroom
- Grow vegetables in the garden
Learnt how to use the manual settings on my DSLR(Getting there, November 2012)
- Developed a healthy and successful relationship with the ironing pile
- Pay off my car loan
- Pay off other loans
- Learn to be tidy and not slovenly
- Start piano lessons (we already have a piano)
- Read Pride and Prejudice
- Go to see Father Christmas in Lapland
- Learn how to ride a bike (shut up you at the back who's laughing!) or at least manage to pedal it for further than 100 yards without falling off or crashing.
The original post had forty items listed and I'm not sure if that was related to the age set, but I need to be realistic because I'm rubbish at fulfilling objectives. I'll update this list as and when I achieve them!
I'm going to tag the following people to write a list of things to do before they hit their next decade (not just forty). They then need to copy the url of their post back into the linky tool on Two Point Four Children's post.
- Mummy Mishaps
- The Crazy Kitchen
- Reluctant Housedad
- Coombe Mill
- Mummy Central
- Not My Year Off
- Mum 2 Four
- Susan K Mann