I realised this morning that it's been nearly a month since The Boy and Me (ha!) have done any baking together, and so I cracked open the plain flour and the weighing scales. We'd had a Gruffalo apron set sent to us from Dunelm so I decided to follow the recipe on the recipe card given in the pack to make Woodland Cookies.
- 170g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 57g rolled oats
- 113g butter
- 113g caster sugar
- 57g chocolate drops
- 2tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Put on your unbelievably cute, wipe-clean Gruffalo apron and smile at mummy, while not falling off the chair.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder and rolled oats together.
4. Rub in the butter to make a crumble mixture.
5. Add the sugar, chocolate drops and golden syrup and mix to a stiff dough.
6. Roll out the mixture onto a floured surface, using the cute little rolling pin included in the set.
7. Use the cutters to cut out some cookies and place on greased and floured baking tray.
8. Cook for 20 minutes or until pale brown.
I was sent the Gruffalo cooking set in order to review. My opinion that it's excellent value for money is honest and unbiased.