This week in Tuesday Tutorials I'm bringing you a round-up of some of my favourite posts from the previous week, focusing on science exploration using everyday household and kitchen objects. Easy peasy!
- Who knew you could have such fun with food colouring and kitchen towel? We love watching gravity being defied and the colours from two different food dyes merging together to show colour mixing and absorption.
- In The Playroom has also been playing with absorption, but this time seeing which material is best for absorbing liquids.
- While we haven't had many April showers, the wind has been terrific over the past week or so and I think this wind anemometer is a wonderful idea for young children to see the effects of the strength of the wind.
- We've been exploring the effects of different liquids on egg shells in the classroom this week, and this experiment echoes that with testing to see how pennies can be cleaned with kitchen liquids; a great activity for driving home how important good teethbrushing is!
- I absolutely love this idea which involves a lightbox and bubbles to investigate colours in light.
Please go and check out the round-ups from the other Tuesday Tutorial hosts; ET Speaks From Home, Crafts On Sea and Hodge Podge Craft.
The Tuesday Tutorials Pin Party Guidelines:
- Use the linky below to add the URL of your Pin or blog post. This will then be added to our Pintorials Pinterest Board. It must be an instruction post of some kind, e.g. crafts, recipes or learning through play opportunities. It can be old or new, and you can add more than one per linky but please don't repeatedly add the same thing week after week.
- By linking up your post, you agree to us using at least one picture if your post is featured in a round-up. Therefore please make your images 'pinnable', or it possible to right-click and save.
- Follow the Pintorials Pinterest Board. If you’d like to follow the four hosts too that would be appreciated; ET Speaks From Home, Hodge Podge Craft, Crafts On Sea and TheBoyandMe.
- Visit at least 3 of the sites pinned below and pin them to one of your boards. If you’d like to say you’re visiting from #Pintorials (or Tweet about the linky) that would be marvellous. Of course you can pin more than that if you want!
- Please either use the badge below, or give a textlink back as it helps to spread the word about the great range of ideas (and yes, it can be no-follow, I'm not precious!).
I can't wait to see all the creativity from everyone this week, please add your ideas below!