I've recently come to realise that bunting is an easy way to decorate a room for a special occasion, and with an abundance of card and craft materials, plus a willing and able assistant, it's a fun and easy craft activity to do together.
- The Boy drew around the cardboard Easter egg template I handed to him, onto a variety of coloured pastel heavy card, and then carefully cute them out; and only a tiny amount of rounding the edges was needed by adult hands!
- We examined the different Easter egg patterns on the Cricut Mini, and settled on those in the 'Home for the Holidays – Spring & Summer' cartridge. However, it would be very easy to punch holes in the card, or to collage on cut-out shapes to achieve the same effect.
- We used contrasting coloured card behind the cut-out eggs to highlight the patterns.
- Next we chose the font from the 'Creative Memories – 'Tis the Season' to cut out and stick on top of the eggs, it's a very simple serif font which complements the complex patterned background well.
- Finally, rather than punching holes for the string and spoiling the pattern, we glued ribbon along the back to join the eggs together.