I have been tagged by two lovely people in the past 24 hours; the original author Scottish Mum, and by Jennie at NairnNicuJournal. Seeing as though two of them have tagged me now, I'd better have a go!
The rationale behind the blog-hop is this: "I have seen lots of posts about what we struggle with, or things that we like to do, and I’d like to find out a bit more information about all of you. This is my way of doing it. I am looking forward to visiting some of you on the blog hop.”
Unfortunately, she's been cruel and set rules! I hate rules! Especially when they rule out things that I was going to choose! Ho-hum!
What you cannot choose. The Rules are Simple
We all know that blogging/facebook/twitter is in our arena of what we like to do, so I am going to rule them out as one of the 5 that you can post about. They really are not very girly. Likewise, phones, computers, ipads are all out of the running. I am challenging myself to this, as I am really not a girly girly type of person, and I want to find that within myself. It’s not all about power suits, filofaxes, ipads and designer phones. If you want to pass this along, pick bloggers that you want to find out more about, and challenge them to write up their 5 secret passions that make them feel good. The idea is to lift our spirits this week. The fact that there is a linky added, just makes it all the more worthwhile in doing.
See? That's completely screwed it up for me: I was going to choose my blog, my phone, twitter, and my iPod. Quite frankly, bugger!
So having thought long-ish and hard-ish about it, I have come up with these as my top 5:
- The Boy: Simple really. He makes me feel good because he makes me happy, one look at his little face fills my heart with joy and happiness, and an overwhelming realisation that he is my purpose in life. I know that's corny, don't worry I'll balance it out!
- Spring and the approach of Summer: Glancing out the kitchen window and realising that the sky is blue and cloudless. Oh and look, the plants that have laid dormant all monochrome Winter are shooting. Popping out for a walk up to town rather than driving, feeling the sun on your face and having to take your coat off because actually it's quite warm.
- Chocolate and cheese: Not together, that would be grim! Basically any chocolate but preferably milk or white. Or mint. Or dark. Or orange. You get the picture. As for cheese; yum! I'm currently sat here eating cheddar on crackers with apple chutney, and Le Roule on wheat-crackers. Yum!
- Going out for the day with my hubby and The Boy: I love the Sunday Outing. They should be resurrected big time. We do try and make the effort to get out for a few hours and have a little outing as a family on the weekend. I can't wait for the weather to improve so we can pop to the farm centres and adventure parks around the area. And of course, the south Wales beaches and make sandcastles all day long!
- Reading: I'm not even going to pretend to be a 'War and Peace' girl! I am talking Belinda Jones (my favourite), Jill Mansell, Katie Fforde and Sophie Kinsella (but not the Shopaholic books, can't stand them). They take me out of myself for half an hour, and Belinda Jones novels in particular are invariably set in a fabulous location, which has quite often dictated our holiday locations. Hubby groans inwardly when he sees me reading another one of hers. However since having The Boy, our holidays are limited to this country, so she needs to write one set in Bognor or it's not happening anymore!
So that's it, I've finished waffling. I would like to tag the following people because I love their blogs and want to know something different about them!