We've had an impromptu visit to family this weekend (but still managed to have a Chinese on Saturday night) and so for once I'm actually planning on a Monday, as opposed to a Sunday when I normally do it.
My plan this week involves using up food already in the house because we're running out of freezer/cupboard space and that's ridiculous. We've also got the BT phone bill due next week, and The Boy's birthday plus a holiday and Britmums Live next month, so I'm now on an economy drive. Nothing apart from bread and milk will be purchased this week!
- Sunday: away
- Monday: Quorn escalope with gruyere cheese/chicken and mushroom pie (freezer food), potato wedges and peas.
- Tuesday: Meatballs and spaghetti (yes I know I've missed out the 'a' in spaghetti).
- Wednesday (late work night): Cheese & vegetable pasties, potato wedges and salad.
- Thursday:Pasta and vegetable salad.
- Friday: Chinese! (Of course!)
- Saturday: Risotto and ciabatta bread (mix in cupboard). I think I'm going to do a primaverdi and parmesan version to try and welcome in Spring and Summer. I may even partake of Pimm's alongside it.
There you go, hardly inspiring but it will work for me.
I'm linking this up to Meal Planning Monday at Mrs. M's